10. Bali, Indonesia
Bali is a spiritual place with yoga, spas, organic eateries and beaches. The combination of friendly, hospitable people and magnificently visual culture has made Bali Indonesia’s unrivalled number one tourist attraction.
Why it’s so great:
- You almost definitely won’t be the only solo traveler in Bali. Everyone is known for being extremely friendly and you’re sure to meet some amazing characters along the way.
- As a Hindu island, Bali is the perfect place for a relaxing and spiritual retreat.
- The Sacred Monkey Forest in Ubud is fantastic—if you like monkeys, anyway.
General Tips for Traveling Alone
- Plan ahead. At the very least, know where you are staying for the first night.
- Choose accommodation with communal areas if you’re worried about being lonely.
- Learn how to pack light.
- Keep an emergency phone on you with important numbers saved.
- Tell people where you are going.
- Trust your instincts.