BrownGuacamole/Flickr/CC BY-ND 2.0
Check out this super easy Beef Brisket Barbecued recipe
- 1 beef brisket (about 5 lbs.)
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp salt, or as needed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Prepared barbecue sauce, as needed (see link below for easy barbecue sauce recipes
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Trim the beef brisket of any large amounts of excess fat. Leaving a thin layer of fat is desirable. Season the beef brisket on both sides with the smoked paprika, pepper, and salt.
3. Place the onions in a shallow roasting pan, large enough to fit the beef brisket. Place the brisket, fat side up, on top of the onions, and roast uncovered for 1 hour. Remove the pan, and carefully wrap tightly with foil.
Be sure you have a good seal around the pan, as this will keep in the moisture. Place in the oven, reduce the heat to 325 degrees F., and cook for 3 more hours.
4. Allow to cool, and refrigerate, still wrapped overnight. When you are ready to serve, reheat over a charcoal, or gas grill for about 15 minutes per side, or until warmed through. Brush with barbecue sauce for the last 5 minutes of cooking to get a nice glaze. Serve sliced thin, with additional barbecue sauce on the side.
Post originaly appeared on : American Food