1. When they do the unappealing chores (taking out the trash, doing the dishes, cleaning the bathroom) so that you can have a break.
2. When they hold off on watching the next episode of Game of Thrones (or whatever your favorite joint show is) no matter how much it pains them, because they know it’s your thing to do together.
3. When they sort out your Cloud storage or fix your printer or help you do your taxes or any other tedious task you can think of, because they know it will help alleviate a little bit of your stress.
4. When they scrape the snow off your car in the dead of winter so that your morning is just a little easier.
5. When they smile anytime you do something stupid or silly, and you feel zero sense of embarrassment because you know this is why they like you in the first place.
6. When they let you tell a story that they’ve already heard four times, just because they know it brings you joy and delight to bring it up.
7. When they finally break the pooping barrier around you because they are comfortable enough with you to joke about bodily functions.
8. When they call you a ‘nerd’ or a ‘dork’ or any other light insult, but with a subtle amount of affection in their voice.